Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Random Thoughts

The thoughts that come often unsought, and, as it were, drop into the mind, are commonly the most valuable of any we have. ~John Locke




The end of August is near.  That makes me happy as it means the end of my rotation on the middle of the day at the pay check place.   The next rotation takes me into the land of  normal people who see the sun shine all day long.  If only I were normal...  Haha!  
Ahh well, gotta have a job to keep the lights on.  

The eldest Hunny Bunny posted this on her wall a week or so ago and if you think about it, it's pretty accurate!  


...and she wonders why I tell her to enjoy her childhood!  Kids, always in a hurry to grow up to be an adult.  It ain't all that it's cracked up to be, for sure.   


We're having a heat wave here along the banks of the mighty Ohio.  Today's expected high will be in the mid 90's with humidity that becomes oppressive when you work inside a building that includes two giant ovens.   I understand now what my Grandpa Bond meant when he would relate to us that he lost 5 pounds a day in sweat during his shifts at Newport Steel Mill.   At the end of my shift, it ain't pretty...smelly, oh, but yes. 


I look at this picture from last winter whenever I think I can't bear the heat one moment longer.  It's my reminder that I prefer the warmer temps of summer to the cold and snowy temps of winter!  


I do love looking at Mother Natures handiwork though.  Trouble is, I gotta drive from here to there.  Not everyone should be allowed on the road in inclement weather.  There be i dots don't ya know?  


It seems yesterday was National Dog Day.  I can't imagine people being paid to think of things to have a "National Day" celebration.  But apparently they do.  Trillions of dollars in debt as a Nation, but hey, let's honor our dogs!   You ever get a feeling that we're being fleeced?  Yeah, me too.   Just to prove I'm a good citizen, I'll even post a picture of my dog; Maggie Mae.  


She was a local rescue a few years ago. I took one look at that face and couldn't stop myself when I said I'd bring her home to live with me.  This was after I said I never wanted another pet that would leave me heart broken as they left me to cross the Rainbow bridge.   I should learn to never say never, right?  

She's brought lots of smiles and many times, lots of frustration into my life.  Still, I don't think I'd give her up for love nor money.  Love I've got... money, eh, not so much. 


These two pictures don't show her true nature.  She's a bundle of energy when she wants to be.  Especially when my piglets show up.  She'll pester them for the first few hours after their arrival before she'll stop.  If I let her, she'll even go wake them up.  If she's awake, she thinks they need to be awake!   











There you have it, friends.  My totally random thoughts for a beautiful Saturday in August.  Daylights a'wasting.   Gotta prepare for the sweating that is in my immediate future.  




...and so it goes. 

No comments: