Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Laughter is Good for You

My other 'older' sister VS sends this via email... Did I mention I have 4? We are firm believers in the power of laughter. When we get together, it's worse than a gaggle of geese. We're snorting, hee hawing, giggling, crying from all the laughs we produce. To me, that's the best of times....

Oh! Did I mention we also consider ourselves G.R.I.T.S? For those of you less informed, it means Girls Raised In The South.

Gotta love em!

~~~~~
A Redneck from Alabama walked into a bank in New
York City and asked for the loan officer.

He told the loan officer that he was going to Bakersfield on
business for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000 and
that he was not a depositor of the bank.

The bank officer told him that the bank would need
some form of security for the loan, so the Redneck
handed over the keys to a new Ferrari.

The car was parked on the street in front of the bank. The
Redneck produced the title and everything checked
out. The loan officer agreed to hold the car as
collateral for the loan and apologized for having to
charge 12% interest.

Later, the bank's president and its officers all
enjoyed a good laugh at the Redneck from the south for
using a $250,000 Ferrari as collateral for a $5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then drove the Ferrari into the
bank's underground garage and parked it.

Two weeks later, the Redneck returned, repaid the $5,000
and the interest of $23.07.

The loan officer said, 'Sir, we are very happy to have had your
business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we
are a little puzzled.
While you were away, we checked you out and found that
you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is, why would
you bother to borrow $5,000?'

The Alabama Redneck replied, 'Where else in New York
City, can I park my car for two weeks for only $23.07 and
expect it to be there when I return?'

Ah, the Old Stupid Alabama Rednecks and his
name was BUBBA!

~~~~~


And so it goes......

1 comment:

Tina said...

I love it! I am going to send this to my brother he lives in NY.