Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Little Slice Of Heaven...

There can be no other occupation like gardening in which, if you were to creep up behind someone at their work, you would find them smiling.
~~~~~Mirabel Osler




Looking pretty good, isn't it? I've picked a few cucumbers and zucchini squash already. Lots and lots of little green 'maters too! I can hardly wait to taste the very first one from my very own garden. Course, the bugs have already had their first bite... Soon as I get a day off, I'll be out there trying to stop that.





Strange as it may sound, I'm praying for it to rain. Weather forecasters have been sayin it... but so far, not been happening.



Sadly, tis time to make the donuts... Two nights down, just 3 more to go. Gardening will have to wait. Shucks! I'm in need of a few hours out there. Just to release some of those frustrations I've accumulated over the last week or so.

Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.

~~~~~Lindley Karstens

And so it goes......

3 comments:

Grandma Faith said...

Wow! What a garden! I can only grow flowers. Hope you get the rain. Later, Faith

K-Dubyah said...

Hi Faith,

Would you believe we did get the rain?? Yup, last night and this morning, a sweet slow rain fell that the thirsty earth drank eagerly. The zucchini grew by leaps and bounds...

Looks like I get to make some bread really really soon.

;-)

Bubbles...ooo said...

You have such green fingers. M just learning how to grow vegetables. Started with tomatoes..LOL