- "Gloom, despair and agony on me-e!
- Deep dark depression, excessive misery-y!
- If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!
- Gloom, despair and agony on me-e-e!"
I can remember listening to that little ditty from Roy Clark, Buck Owens and the crew on Hee Haw. Tonight, the words sorta fit the way I feel.
But the show must go on...
Hee Haw also did another little skit. It too fits my mood.
- "Where, oh where, are you tonight?
- Why did you leave me here all alone?
- I searched the world over, and I thought I'd found true love,
- Then you met another, and PFFFT! You was gone!"
The last few nights spent working has had me trying to sleep during the daylight hours. For me, that's not a good thing. Every year around this time, I have symptoms of S.easonal A.ffectedness D.isorder. The body needs more sunlight, or depression can set in. Yup, it does make me SAD, and I want to just hibernate for the winter.
Therefore I try to get as much sunlight as I can. It helps some. There are special lamps that can be purchased to alleviate the effects of depression this disorder brings. I haven't bought one yet.
I have found that laughter works almost as good as sunlight. Who can be depressed when the face is contorted with side splitting laughter? Uhh, not me.
I just hope I can see the sun for a short time tomorrow. I'll be waiting for the cable repairman. I've got my fingers crossed that he will solve my problems with the internet connection. Then I can dispel that "Gloom, despair and agony on me" with the reading of my favorite blogs!
And so it goes......